This job consists of a multitude of tasks which can change
from day to day as the fishing demands or the Captain of the vessel sees fit. Shifts are 16+ hours per day, seven (7) days a week.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
1. Heading, cutting and gutting fish. Cleaning and cooking
2. Packing the cleaned seafood into pans and loading into
3. Packaging up product after 1st freezing process and stored
down in the ship's hold securely.
4. General clean-up of vessel and the vessel's warehouse in
Dutch Harbor when deemed necessary by officers and factory foreman.
5. Offloading operations in town (usually Dutch Harbor, AK).
This is typically done by transferring product off vessel by offload belts into
shipping containers or by loading onto trampers at sea.
6. Back loading supplies. Processors will also be involved with
the back loading of supplies in town such as bait, food, and fiber.
Please fill out the required information below.
Cook: Duties and Responsibilities: · Ensure preparation of nutritionally balanced,
cost effective meals in adequate portions that appeal to a diverse workforce of
up to 32 people.
Manages and oversees galley assistant to ensure
a clean, organized and well-stocked galley and a friendly and welcoming dining
· Oversees efficient, timely cleaning and
sanitizing of bathroom and showering facilities and clean common crew areas.
· Establishes, maintains and enforces sanitary
food handling, preparation and storage methods.
Creates menu plans to offer variety, inventory
utilization and food cost maximization.
· Manages the usage and rotation of food supplies
in consideration of shelf life and optimum freshness.
Maintains accurate inventory reports of all
galley related items including fresh, canned and frozen food, cleaning
supplies, kitchen equipment, paper products and ship store items.
Places advance food and supply orders to ensure
timely delivery and cost-effective transportation charges.
Ensures accurate accounting of galley supplies as
they are on loaded and stowed for the voyage.
· Oversees the safe and efficient stowage of dry,
frozen and refrigerated goods.
Maintains a high level of professionalism and
customer service focus at all times.
· Ability to adapt quickly to changes in meal schedules
or numbers of diners.